DCI ENNEAGRAM LEARNING SERIES
Finding Freedom in Relationships Using Object Relations and the Enneagram (Part One)
INSTRUCTOR: Belinda Gore
DATES*: Thursdays October 10 thru November 21, 2024
TIMES*: 8:30 – 10:00AM PDT (11:30AM – 1:00PM EDT)
*All sessions are virtual, last 1.5 hours, and are recorded for later review.
Approved for 10.5 ICF CCE Units (7.0 Core, 3.5 Resource Development)
PROGRAM COST: $325.00
Language Used in the Course: English
You don’t want to miss Belinda Gore’s live virtual course on Relationships, Object Relations and the Enneagram. This is a powerful seven-week course on how to liberate your relationships using a deep understanding of the interplay among profound factors impacting the development of personality.
Belinda’s book, “Finding Freedom: Understanding Our Relationships Using Object Relations and the Enneagram“, is the textbook for the course. It is based on the three-part course she has been teaching for over a decade, looking at how we become reactive when current relationships trigger old patterns.
Over seven weeks, you will learn how three Primary Objects and three Dominant Affects form a 3 x 3 matrix to explain the underlying structure of each of the nine Enneagram types. Experiential exercises with fellow students, using virtual breakout rooms, give you the opportunity to have a direct experience of this rich material. We will also focus on how to guide others in getting free of constricting patterns and how to have healthier and more rewarding relationships.
Following are the key topics we will cover:
- An understanding of fundamental Object Relations theory.
- How the nine Enneagram types reveal the three patterns of dominant affect and the three primary Objects in the world of the infant when early relationship dynamics are forming.
- How to recognize each pattern first in ourselves, then in others.
- Tools for engaging each pattern and, through awareness, releasing the ways we tend to project them onto others.
- How to support the process of healing relationships through learning to make authentic connections.
To get the most out of this course, we recommend that you have some knowledge of the Enneagram, through workshops, personal work, and reading.
Approved for 10.5 ICF CCE Units.