“Susan’s leadership in California state government has earned her a reputation for honesty, integrity, strategic brilliance, and the capacity for compassion in the midst of contentious problem-solving. I totally trust her capacity for valuable insights and clear communication.”
– S.G. – Professional Colleague
Susan is a leadership and life coach with a talent for helping clients grow both professionally and personally by exploring and leveraging their core strengths to express their true potential and interests.
In her career as an executive in State of California public service in environmental and coastal management, she has cultivated workplace environments that allow people to grow, thrive, and contribute to the mission of the organization. The employees she has mentored, coached, and managed have grown their capacity to make meaningful contributions in their careers, creating high levels of employee engagement and commitment.
Coaching is an inherent aspect of executive leadership and good management Susan applies her extensive leadership experience and her solid coaching training in her private coaching practice to support the personal and professional exploration and development of clients. She especially enjoys working with people in the early part of their careers and those in career and life transition and exploration. In December of 2020, Susan retired from her beloved career in public service and is now focusing on her leadership and life coaching practice and on her own life explorations.
Using the Enneagram as a tool for self-awareness and personal discovery and using a variety of Deep Coaching Institute methodologies, Susan brings curiosity, enthusiasm, and wholeheartedness to her customized approach with clients. Her experience working as a hands-on leader on controversial policy issues in deadline driven environments has offered her insights that she uses to work with leaders to broaden their capacity to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
We all go through many transitions in our lives and Susan enjoys partnering with clients who are eager to explore and engage in personal change, growth, and discovery about what is important on their life paths.
Areas of focus:
- Leadership and Life Coaching
- Leadership Development
- Client-based Enneagram Typing Explorations
- Women in Leadership
- Personal and Professional Transitions and Explorations
- M.A. Management/ JFK University and NTL Institute
- B.A. Biology/Environmental Studies, University of California Santa Cruz
Certifications and Assessments:
- Certified Deep Coaching Professional* (CDCP) Deep Coaching Institute 2013
- Senior Mentor Deep Coaching Institute/ 2020-21 Cohort and Deep Coaching Institute Master Certification 2021
- Certified through Core Strengths Coaching/Positive Psychology Program/San Francisco State University 2011
- Certified Coach (ACC) / International Coaching Federation (ICF) since 2016
- Certified Enneagram Professional/International Enneagram Association (IEA) since 2016
- Enneagram Institute (EI) advanced training/through Master Class in 2019
- Depth Enneagram Certification Program with Russ Hudson and Jessica Dibbs April 2021-May 2022
- Ongoing member of Dr. Roxanne Howe-Murphy’s Professional Coaching Development Series since 2013
- The Leadership Institute 360 Profile and Collective Leadership Assessment certifications 2019
- Advanced Negotiation Training and extensive experience in negotiations
- Women’s Leadership Circle Participant 2018
- The Neuroscience of Change, Coaches Rising 2020-21
- Strozzi Institute Embodied Leadership and Somatic Coaching Training February 2021 through December 2021
- Certified in multi-year training on diversity and racial equity awareness through Government Alliance Racial Equity (GARE) Program by RACE FORWARD 2018 and 2019
*The Deep Coaching Certification Program is a registered trademark of the Deep Coaching Institute.